Hello World!, Korean BBQ, & Korean Schools

April 24, 2017
Hello world! So... this is my first blog post. This blog is going to be filled with travel ideas and travel pictures from when I go traveling. Fashion will also be inputed into this blog after a while, when I get comfortable to putting myself out there for you to see. But as you know, I am in high school. So that means I'll be busy, but I'll try my very best to post something every week. To start this streak going, I am going to tell you all about my 3 weeks in South Korea.

Plane Trip:
SAN --> Vancouver --> Incheon
Approx. 16 hours

First dinner in Incheon, South Korea
     The trip started in Incheon, South Korea. My aunt and uncle came to pick my brother, mom, and I from the airport and brought us to my mom's younger sister's house. There I got to see my grandma, cousin, uncle, and aunt that I haven't seen in 5 years. From their apartment, we walked to a Korean BBQ restaurant. Have you guys tasted Korean BBQ? If you didn't, you should! It's amazing! If you have, it is different from the ones in the US. In Korea, we had to sit on the ground on pillow like seats. It wasn't the only time we had to sit on the floor, but the food was delicious! 
     While we were eating, my aunt asked my brother and I if we would like to go to school with her tomorrow since she was a elementary school teacher. My brother and I jumped at the opportunity to make new friends and to experience the school life a bit, since we knew it was so much different from the school life in the US. 
     The next morning we woke up at around 7AM, so that we would be ready by 8AM to go to school. By the way my cousin also attended that school, but we didn't get to see him until lunch time since he was in 4th grade. My brother and I were put into a 6th grade classroom. We were also not in the class my aunt taught us, so we really had to put our Korean to use. At least the little that we knew hahaha. If you are thinking about the Korean dramas you have watched with the classrooms with sliding doors, you are right! There was one in the front for the teacher, and one in the back for the students.  
     This is all for now. Until next time, bye :)
    

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.